17-18 March 2021, Online
We would like to draw your attention to the International Conference on Fishfriendly Hydropower in Europe and beyond which will be held on 17-18 March 2021 online.
This conference is the final event of FIThydro, an EU-funded H2020 research project (2016-2021), which aims to support decisions on commissioning and operating hydropower plants (HPP) by use of existing and innovative technologies. The project concentrates on environmental impact assessment and the development of cost-effective environmental mitigation measures and strategies to avoid fish damage and to support self-sustainable fish populations.
UPDATE (February 2021): The conference will be held on the 17th of March 2021 and 18th of March 2021 (the conference will start at 12:30 CET).
The conference programme will include presentations of the final results from FIThydro research and presentations by experts from outside the project on related topics.
- Strategies and decision support tools to mitigate hydropower impacts on fish and fisheries using conventional and innovative cost-efficient measures
- Assessing the response and resilience of fish populations in hydropower-affected rivers.
- Innovative Technical Solutions for Downstream fish and sediment passage
- Innovative methods, tools and devices for sustainable and fishfriendly hydropower
- Towards a future research agenda for fishfriendly and sustainable hydropower
Please register for the conference here (registration is now open again until March 10 2021 ).
Please note that due to the current COVID-19 situation and related measures, the conference will be held completely online.
UPDATE (April 2021): Please find the PDF slides and video recordings of the conference presentations here